Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Aunt Jeanette's Cauliflower & Lettuce Salad

Folks, this is the best salad ever!  My lovely Aunt Jeanette makes this for a lot of family get togethers, and it is always gone in minutes...you have to act fast!  


I made it for the first time last night for dinner, and Larry raved about it ;)


Also, like a lot of things I make, it's super easy to whip together and enjoy.


Ingredients: 


1) 1 head of cauliflower
2) 1 headed lettuce, shredded...I used a bag of the slaw lettuce and it worked so well!
3) 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
4) 2 Cups seasoned croutons
5) 2 cups cashews


Mix together in bowl.  If you don't like soggy croutons, wait until your ready to serve and then add them.   


For the dressing:
1) Cup fat-free mayo
2) 1/2 Cup sugar
3) 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese


Combine and mix with the salad right before serving and enjoy!  For just Larry and I this made more than we needed.  But I've been enjoying it for lunches and its still great!



No comments:

Post a Comment