Saturday, February 20, 2010

Deep-Dish Honey Graham Apple Cobbler


Baked goods have been my nemesis for awhile now.  I couldn't even bake a tube of that refrigerated cookie dough without burning them...but with my new found confidence for cooking, I thought what the hell, I'll give this recipe a try and I am so glad I did! 
The cobbler was easier to put together than I had anticipated and made the whole house smell delicious. Larry was super impressed :)


The recipe came from a Costco cookbook I received awhile ago.  At the time I didn't even look through it, but I rediscovered it recently and was happy with all the delicious looking recipes. 


Ingredients:


1/4 Cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
7 Cups peeled and thinly sliced Granny Smith or Jonagold apples
1 Box Jiffy brand pie crust; you could also use a frozen pie crust but the Jiffy brand is super       good and easy to whip up.
2 Tablespoons (or more if you desire) of honey 


Topping:


2/3 Cup coarsely crushed graham crackers; about 5 squares
1/3 Cup packed brown sugar
1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons coarsely ground rolled oats; I just used regular Quaker quick oats
1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 Cup Butter, softened


1.) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) Stir together sugar, four and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add apples and toss to coat.
3) Line a 13x9 inch baking dish with pastry dough and flute the edges.
4) Fill the crust with the coated apples and drizzle the honey. Set aside.
5) To prepare the topping, place crushed graham crackers , brown sugar, flour, rolled oats and cinnamon in a bowl and stir to combine.  Cut in with a fork or pastry blender the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
6) Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
7) Serve with warm ice cream and enjoy!



8X5ENYYPKBA8

No comments:

Post a Comment