Friday, February 19, 2010

Merry Christmas to Me!

I realized that Christmas was a couple months ago, but bear with me here.  


Just before Christmas my boyfriend (Larry) brought home the movie "Julie and Julia".  I had been wanting to see this movie badly, and was surprised that A) he remembered and B) he actually rented it for us to watch!  And as corny as this sounds, cause I am corny, the movie inspired me to cultivate my minimal cooking skills.
So I told my family I wanted cooking related items for Christmas...and they came through for me!


I received a couple of great cookbooks and various kitchen utensils and I promptly sat down and examined every recipe.  I couldn't wait to get started!


The first recipe I tried was from my trusty Better Homes and Garden Cookbook my lovely mother gave to me.   Recipe to follow in the next posting ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment